It’s March… what vibe are you giving? Have you gone mad with assessments piling up or yet on the horizon? Are your students feeling pressure or are they welcoming it… feeling empowered to take on the world? To show off their MAD SKILLS!
Where are you… your mindset? Are you on the countdown or upswing… planning life changing lessons (Dave Burgess, #tlap) and embracing the new life around you? The kind that is a steady reminder that we are always growing whether it is day 1, 80, or 180.
You know you have already heard it… ONLY X amount of school days are left. The countdown is on for students, parents and teachers. Don’t get me wrong I have those days when the sun is shining and I think… ohhhh poolside would be nice. Or the day that feels like 17 rolled into one. But that doesn’t mean my life with my students turns to madness. The question is…
if we had a March Madness bracket with awesome lessons planned for our students, where would yours land? Would you be willing to throw it in the ring with the competition?
if we had a March Madness bracket for EMPOWERED students, where would your students be? Would they be sprinting to the front of the line… stepping up to add their name to the bracket?
Is our role really any different from day 1 to 180? Just like day 1 our goal should be to create empowered learners that are off the bench, jumping, clapping, ready for their call to step up and shoot. Don’t leave before the buzzer. How would you feel if your leader, coach, or biggest fan stepped aside a quarter into the game… or when the last quarter started and the score was tied?! Every day is day 1.
If you are looking to bring your A Game in the last quarter try one of the following:
- Grab a book! Dave Burgess Consulting, INC offers over 40 incredible innovative reads that are life changing to every child through educators like you! Are you into STEAM and Makers? Bring out your creative genius with books by Jacie Maslyk or Laura Flemming for go to quick action plans!
- Join a twitter chat! #tlap #Leadlap #LearnLAP #MasteryChat #DitchBook #KidsDeserveIt #PlayLap #STEAMMakerChat #IMMOOC and so many more!
- Find or create your own PD… look into #4OCF with Rich Czyz and find many ideas that can be implemented at the drop of a dime. Message me and I can add you to the incredible VOXER Chat led my Matthew Larson.
- Locate an EDCamp near you! Close to Pittsburgh or ready to shake the winter blues with a road trip? Join us as my district host Pittsburgh’s very own camp coming up in 2 weeks! CLICK HERE to register!
- Make a REAL connection with the your students by bringing #BookSnaps into your classroom! Book Snap Queen Tara Martin will walk you and your students through the learning process with one simple HOW TO VIDEO CLIP
- What about starting your own BYOB to build relationships in your building? Bring Your Own Breakfast and hang out on Payday Friday!
Where is your creative spark (grab Katie Martin’s new book “Learner Centered Innovation” to help you find it) What are you doing to keep the momentum so you aren’t left on the bench when the driven are playing?